Sunday, June 29, 2008


Thank you Ruth for working and letting Mom come home! We had a good day in the garden, the sun was in and out of the clouds and a nice breeze blowing. We got the veggies mulched and weeded. Everything is coming along nice. I saved some seeds from your spagetti squash, Sharon and we planted them and they all came up, all 15 of them. So if anybody wants and this fall we will have plenty here. Mmmm goood! I love 'em!

Mom and me did a whirl wind of house cleaning too, you should have seen me vacum I was sucking up whole families of dust bunnies! At work they had the cleaning man quit and the bosses wife asked me if I would do the vacuming and empty the office trash. I said I would,and boy do I get a workout everyday! I push a vacum for 45 minutes every night-I wonder how many calories that is?! Good work out though.

Sharon would you print that bread recipe for me, the one you sent Mom. There ink is empty and I didn't want to write all that down. I tasted it and it is wonderful,yummy and delicious!

Well I have to go now, Dustin helped Dad cut wood all afternoon and he is done for the day so he will be able to go to work Monday, I will probably have to work on his feet later tonight because he isn't used to that. Well nice talking ya'll , SARAH
P.S. Isn't Mom a good bread maker!! This was a few months ago, where is the butter and jam!

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Wow, heard from Baby sister!! That bread looks wonderful! How about a piece of toast?

The garden sounds like it is prospering. You might be overrun with the spaghetti squash! Those vines get looong and go everywhere!

Jeanie said...

Yes, Ruth is a sweetie! Enjoyed the post. Sounds like Mom got a good work out too. :) I made some Nutty Zucchini bread last weekend but it didn't look as nice as Mom's bread. I thought it was done but when it cooled the center fell in on one batch. It still tasted pretty good though. :) Hope the garden does great for you all!

Jeanie said...

I really, really MISS hearing from you Aunt Jan. I keep checking and hoping. Does that computer have a mind of it's own also? :)

Love you!