Hello everybody I know this is dark but you can still see it. I thought it was good anyway! My mama and me are making elderberry jam!!! It is so nice to be in the kitchen with her. I had picked the berries last year on my way home from work-I saw them growing thick along side the road. You should have seen the lookes I was getting from the people driving by! Mom said it should make about 6 jelly jars so there will be enough for everyone! We hunted high and low for an elderberry recipe too. Oh I'm back now we where in the middle of the jam I had to hussle when it started to boil . I had to run and find a few more jars, put them in hot water , get some more lids and get them in hot water and do it all in a flash because the (I hear the lids popping now!!) jam was setting up and it doesn't wait on no one. It was a yummy, sticky, hot(on the fingers)purple mess for a little while, but it was fun! We should have had a video set up. It made 9 half pints so there is some for everyone! I hope you all like,you will have to let us know! I was doing the Scooby Doo thing with my tonge on all the pans and spoons I had it all over my face too.
Well looks like I had better go I know I didn't get to write much but I guess it is better than nothing at all right?! I will try to get on here next time I'm down. I have off the week end Aug,5&6 I'm happy about that! Well all I need now is a slice of warm bread to try my beautiful purple jam on.
Bye for now everybody love ya'll Sarah Belle
2 comments:
Hey to Sarah Belle! Sounds like some good jelly, I'll trade you a blueberry for a elderberry, whatdaya say? Deal?
That picture has a few years on it, wish we could go back in time, I really liked that house.
And it smells so good when it is cooking too. I made some many years ago. It is gooood!
Post a Comment