Saturday, April 05, 2008

Garden time!


Hello everybody no don't fall out of your chair, yes it is Sarah on the Blog. It probably has been a year since I have been on here. I came down to see Mom today and walk around the garden and make plans ! Yippi fresh garden veggies! You sure don't know how you miss something till you don't have it. Here at home when I was here having the garden and working in it was just a big headache to me and something you didn't look forward to, but now, when I want to get my hands dirty in the dirt and can't because there is no dirt available to me it is a maddning!! @#%&! Excuse my french. There isn't even any sun to grow flowers!! I guess I will have to give impations a try out there and see how they like my shade. I don't know if I can be as diligent as the man down the road from me. He is up watering his faithfully every morning at 6:00am before it get hot or the sun is up too high. He said last year he put out 17,000 plants. I walked past there the other day and he had a whole slew of new brilliantly painted birdhouses set up everywhere, you hardly know where to look first. It is petty bad if I don't even have enough light for colius to grow. I will give it this, the trailer sure stays cool till way into the afternoon, can't complain there.
I stopped at the health food store for Mom, to pick up some tea for her, and saw they had goats milk ice cream so I got her one and it was really good tasting. She fixed me a yummy lunch when I got here you cant beat Mom for being able to pull something out of the hat and have it on the table and taste great in no time flat. The herb rosemary was the star of her dish of yummyness today,Mmmm!
Well this isn't getting the garden planned out and if any of ya'll want to help you can anytime I'm sure Mom can always use the help.
One of these days I will be able to do this when ever I want from the comfort of my own home! Hopefully sooner than later, but until then this will have to do. SARAH P.S. This picture was an after thought so the title should be Very Experienced Knowing Hands! and guess what they belong to our wonderful Mother!

3 comments:

Lois said...

Hi Sarah! Glad you let us know about your fun day with Mom. Wish I could have been there. We were making up a lesson for our zoo day next week.
The bread looks wonderful, beautiful and delicious, rose perfect, and just the right color. Leave it to Mom, yes she can pull it off every time. The picture, the caption, and the loving, familiar hands pulled on the heart strings, a Kleenex was called for. Thankx.

Jeanie said...

Have been thinking about you, Mom, and was happy to read Sarah's post about your day together. Hope you have a wonderful garden this year! How are you doing these days? I asked Ruth about you awhile back. Would love to hear from you. :)

Rachel said...

I could taste that bread all the way down here, it was delicous.
Yes Sarah, a body doesnt know what they have until they dont have it . I also would love to have a garden where I could eat what I have toiled over myself. Its a shame we dont appreciate that sort of stuff while we have it. I did however plant some peppers, maybe they will help with the blues over not having a garden.