Friday, January 16, 2009
Hallo Everybody, It's a cool morning 5 below and an extra blanket sure felt good on the bed last night!!!! I really feel sorry people who are homeless anddon't have a place to go....Hot coffee sure was good this morning.. Ruth's car rebelled at the cold this a.m.and Terry had to bring her to work----I had mine parked in Bea's basement so it behaved very nicely...I made chili and cornbread for supper last night (good food for a COLD nights supper)..But..when things turn wintry I start hankering for GOOD OLD HOME MADE SOUP AND HOME MADE BREAD AND BUTTER !!!!! Can't possably get any better than THAT...... For Daddy it's meatloaf and mashed potatoes and gravy and chocolate chip cookies..a cup of HOT CHOCOLATE would be good with those cookies too Am I making anyone hungry???? what is your idea of comfort foods ?????? For those who haven't heard...Sarah was pounding a nail in her laundry room to hang a cord when what she was standing on fliped over and she was hanging on the wall 18" off the floor by her wedding ring ,she got the bucket with her feet and stood it up and unhooked herself from the nail.... she was home alone... it cut the skin but didn'tcut a musle or break her finger .. They had to cut her wedding ring off her finger at work that afternoon....It pays to remind GOD of his word in Isaiah 43:26( put me in rememberenceBecause she had been reminding God of his word for month before this happened, Ps 34:20......... Well, I see the temp. has gone from2 below to 14 A chinoock...... Time to think about seed catalogs and etc. I am ready to dig in the dirt agan,wipe sweat and drink lots of cold water bye now..MOM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to come and eat some of your soup and fresh bread. You make the best soup! Yes, and extra blanket feels nice. Last evening we finally dug out the heated mattress pad and put it on the bed! But I don't turn my side of it on because of too many hot flashes!!
That sounded painful for Baby Sarah, but we it is true that we live and die by the words that come out of our mouths.
Had -14 below yesterday morning, shortly after Ed left for work. I'm with you Mom, my garden is calling me!!
Hubby said tell you that, " That's what she gets for living so far North, she auta move South, down here where we are."
Hey, where do I find one of those heated mattress pads, Hubby needs one BAD?
Sorry Mom, that comment was ment for Sharon. Comfort food? Hot, thick, creamy, rich potato soup with a bit of melted cheese in it, topped with crumbled ClubHouse crackers on top. [homemade, of course] Or, fresh, hot, tasty homemade chicken noodle soup, loaded with Zesty crackers. I have the chicken cooking now. By the time ya'll get here it'l be just about ready. Come on down. I'm enjoying your leftover cornbread, Mom.
Just to imagine Sarah Belle's plight sends shivers up my back. Kenny said he's seen ring fingers completely stripped, nothing left but the bone. Pure torture!
Post a Comment