Friday, January 06, 2012

hello Sarah,,lemon shoo-fly pie---crumbs 1/1-2 cups flour.....the same of white sugar....the same of shortening-softened......1/2 teaspoon of baking soda......now for the filling.......1 egg..zest of 2 lemons...juice of 2 lemons...2 tbls of flour...1/2 cup of white sugar....1/2 cup of molasses...3/4th cup of boiling...mixing instructions....combine all ingredients (except crumb mixture)and pour into an unbaked pie-shell....sprinkle combined crumb mixture over filling,,bake for45 to 60 minutes-------I don't live the exciting life you do so i don't have much to write about------saw a squirel in the bird feeder---saw a turkey in the corn field...oops bake the pie at 350.......saw a pretty red sky last night but my camra needed charging so I couldn't get a picture...........a very exciting life dont you think,.,.,.bye now ... mom

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I would make it again. I liked it. It was different, but not bad.

Bluebird74 said...

Mother dear, we like to hear about what ever you do,it don't have to be blow-us-away exciting, and you always have a funny way of saying things that makes us laugh. Just like the little stick people you used to draw on the letters-remember? So don't hesitate to wright about whatever :)