Hello everybody I'm sitting here typing to ya'll with garden dirt under my finger nails. I just got chased out of the garden by the rain-I was planting Sunflowers. I had a large flower pot sitting under my bird feeder all winter and come this spring I had a huge crop of little baby sunflowers come up it took me a while to realize what they where. So this weekend I brought them to mom's garden and planted them. I had 40 planted when the rain chased me away. It will be really bright in Mom's garden this summer.
Did anybody get washed away by the storm last Sun. The county next to me 7 miles away recieved 5 in. of rain in 90 minutes you should have seen all the little creeks and the farmers fields around. You would step outside and you could here the ground making noise. It is like walking on a sponge out there. In one place out behind Dustin's place the water was running out of the side of the hill where no water is suspose to be coming from!
Mom's lilac is in full bloom right now even the little white one that had taken 20 years to deside to bloom!!! Mom's lilac is so big this year that you walk outside in the yard and the scent of lilac is heavy and sweet in the air,oh the joys of springtime!!!!!
Well I have to go for now and get ready to leave for Lexington Ky. on our (photography club) field trip to Keenland Horse Farm, deep in the heart of bluegrass country!! See ya'll later SARAH
1 comment:
Well, Sarah Dear, it's good to hear from you. Sounds like you're a 'Travlin Man' oops, 'Lady.' Hope you have a good time and safe trip.
Post a Comment