Hello everybody! It's been a while since I have been on here. Hey Ruth I laughed out loud when I read your comments on your hair-you just need me to be around more often I would have you fixed up in no time at all!!! How do you like this picture of you? I like this style on you and it wouln't be to hard to keep up.
It is funny that Lois and me where watching the same movie at the same time!! I liked Maureen O' Hara in the Ouiet Man, she was quit striking. I know what you are talking about, having fine hair, there is a girl at work that has to go and get her hair thinned each month because it is tooo thick and I bet she doesn't even appreciate it.
I had a lot of fun yesterday with Sharon-we went to a Feline Rescue facillity where they take in big cats with no where else to go. They have 187 big cats there and are in the process of building an addition to the old one. One of the girls that took us around the grounds said they go through 3000 lbs. of raw meat a day. They take it from any sources they can get it from. I especially liked to hear the lions start to roar!!! That was something, one would start and the others would all fall in. It would almost shake tha ground you where standing on . The tigers where neat too-some were 600 lbs. !! You had to be careful because the tigers would pee on you if you got too close. You haven't heard anything like a 200 lb. cougar purring-that was a new experience. It was very cold there for the first 2 or 3 hours, the wind was blowing like a gale and Sharon and me forgot our gloves. I was having a hard time holding on to my camera and turning the dials. I hope the pictures arn't shuck from shivering to much. We where there from 10:00 to 3:00 or there about, and I took 5 rolls of film and Sharon took up both her card and could have used another one. Sharon has some really good picutres too!
It is so nice-I'm here in the kitchen (finally, it has been 3 wks. since I have seen my Mama) baking gingerbread cake and making soft molasses cookies!! It's wonderful!!!!! It is a bit chilly outside so that even makes it nicer because you appreciat e the warmth of the oven. We got the old faithful Mennonite Community cookbook down and turned to the messyest page and there it was didn't even have to look in the index!
Talk about the price of things today!!!!!! I found a yummy recipe for Cardomon tea cookies ( for our Tea Party everybody!) and asked Mom to get some at Wal Mart for me-well she came back and said it was $10 for a med. sized bottle of it. Sooo out of the goodness of anybodys heart, do any of you girls have some you would like to donate to the Graybill test kitchen?
Well I had better sign off you all probablly think I'm long winded, because your bloggs are never this long so talk to you next week!!!!!!!!! P.S. The gingerbread cake smells wonderful wish you could eat a piece with Mom and me. SARAH
2 comments:
I have some ground cardamon or whatever you call it. It is yours for the asking!
That cake smells good even up here!!
This picture of me is the one Terry still carries in his wallet, I told him it was kinda old and wore out and he should dump it but he wouldn't. I don't remember what this hairdo was like. I can't really see it in this picture.
Sarah, our posts are shorter because we get to write more often. You don't write that often so you have to get it in all at once.
Post a Comment