hello Kids...I have to go to work in a little while..But I want you all to think about this------ we are [me and Lois]trying to get a little family get together started !!! Once a month each of us will take a turn to fix a meal [nothing fancy--just good] and have the sisters and familys come to their house for a day of fellowship with each other.. we need it. ..Love you all..MOM
4 comments:
I'm in!!!! Me too! Me too!! When do we start??
I think that is a wonderful idea! Now,if we just all lived a teeny bit closer to each other, but we will make it work, somehow.
Shall I go first since we were at Lois' for Christmas? Is it a pitch in or just show up? I wanted to do a roast in the crock pot but I don't have a big enough size one on hand yet. When do we start? Is it a Sunday afternoon meal? Throw some ideas out here.
Shall we say it has to be a crockpot meal, that way we don't have to spend hours in the kitchen, for those of us who go to church? Just a thought. After church dinner for us three who are local and all day 'dinner on the ground' for the out-of-towners? Just throwing out a thought. Maybe the one who hosted the last dinner could be the one to bring desert?
Could even pool crockpots, and put everything but dessert in them. Anykind of veggies, and lots of good maindish type things. That would cut down on the cooking even more. Remember the saurkraut and pork roast we used to do? Ok, maybe not anymore, but...there are lots more ideas.
Post a Comment